We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national laws in the UK including the Data Protection Act 2018 or any successor legislation to GDPR (“Data Protection Legislation”).
2. Who We Are
We are Playwaze Limited and our registered company number is 08321430.
Our registered address is The Lansbury Business Estate, 102 Lower Guildford Road, Woking, GU21 2EP
Our website address is https://playwaze.com/ .
3. Your Personal Data
“Personal Data” means any information about you from which you can be personally identified.
We collect basic Personal Data such as your name and email address when you start an account with us and as you use our Platform. We may also collect:
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments and other details of our Services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data which is information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns and includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Data including your username, password, and any other custom data required for access to specific communities.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our Platform and Services e.g. bookings you make, teams you join, matches you play.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Interaction Data includes any information that you might provide to any chat forums and news posts on the Platform.
- Cookies Data like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. See Cookies below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- Fitness Data includes data that you authorize us to read from your selected fitness tracker devices when you join a Challenge.
When you join clubs, universities and sporting groups (we call them “Communities”) that use our Platform, these Communities may also collect Extra Personal Data from you e.g. a membership number or emergency contact details.
This Extra Personal Data that Communities collect is shared with us in order that we can store, back-up and process the Extra Personal Data for the Communities on the Platform as a data processor.
We share the basic Personal Data we collect from you with the Communities that you join in order for you to participate in those Communities.
If you join a Tracker Challenge you will be asked to connect a fitness tracker device. During the connection process you will be given the option to authorize the collection of fitness data by logging into an authorization page presented by your fitness tracker provider.
We will only read the data that we need for your participation in the Tracker Challenges you enter while the Tracker Challenges are active. Once your participation in a Tracker Challenge ends e.g. when the Tracker Challenge finishes we will no longer automatically read data from your fitness tracker.
Your fitness tracker will remain connected to the platform so that you may enter other challenges without having to re-authorize your connection. You can terminate your fitness tracker connection at any time through Fitness Trackers on your user menu.
We only collect fitness data that is authorized by you and required for your participation in a Tracker Challenge. Your authorized fitness data will not be shared beyond the context of the challenges you have entered.
4. How we collect Personal Data
Personal Data is collected in the following ways;
Personal Data is collected from you when you:
- create an account on our Platform
- upload or provide us with content
- fill in forms on our Platform
- correspond with us by post, phone, email or via our Platform
- subscribe to our services or publications
- use our services
- request marketing to be sent to you
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- give us feedback
or it may be provided to us by third parties:
- such as advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers such as Google Analytics, or
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors
or it may be collected automatically
- Technical Data is automatically collected using cookies and other similar technologies. See Cookies below.
- Usage Data is collected as you use the Service. For example when you join a session, join a team, or enter a match result.
- Fitness data is collected automatically from a fitness device, as authorized by you, when you participate in a Tracker Challenge.
or by combining it with other data
- we may collect statistical or demographic data (“Aggregated Data”) which is not Personal Data because it does not personally identity you, but if it can be used to identify you when combined with Personal Data we will apply the same level of protection to the Aggregated Data and treat it like Personal Data.
5. Legal basis for processing your Personal Data
We will ensure that your Personal Data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights
We will only process your Personal Data if at least one of the following applies:
- you have given consent to the processing
- processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
6. How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to:
- provide the services on our Platform that you request
- manage your account with us
- present content to you
- personalise your Platform experience and offer services that may interest you
- deliver content that you are interested in receiving
- administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- populate your authorized fitness data into a Tracker Challenge leaderboard.
- send you periodic e-mails if you opt-in to receive an e-mail newsletter from us. However if you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us you may opt out by changing your profile settings and if you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
- carry out market research, analyse your use of the Platform, compile reports on your activity, collect demographic data and analyse performance metrics
7. How your Personal Data is shared with Communities
We share your Personal Data with Communities that you join and these Communities use it to:
- manage your Community membership
- provide you with Community information
- manage your participation in Community activities
- send you messages related to the Community
If you join a Community that is a member Community of an Organisation your Personal Data will be shared with the Organisation.
8. How your Personal Data is shared with third parties
We may share your Personal Data with third parties that:
- host our website and provide our IT system
- process payments for us
- provide research and analytics, marketing, search engine facilities, marketing and data enrichment for us
- provide customer support services, technical operations and account management for us
- sponsor events, webinar or contests for which you register
- provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to us
- compel us to disclose your Personal Data by law because they are a public or government authority
- help us to protect against fraud or credit risks
- want to buy our business, or our company, in which case we can disclose Aggregated Data to the potential buyer, but not your individual Personal Data
- deliver and administer our services such as employees and contractors working in our company or in companies within our group
The third parties will only process your Personal Data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of these third parties under Data Protection Legislation.
If you opt-in to receive Partner Marketing we will share your Personal Data with carefully selected organisations within the sports and activity sector, and you may receive communications from them. These communications may include product offers, membership offers, priority sports event ticket offers or general comms related to your sport or activity. You can choose to opt out of Partner Marketing through your profile settings at any time. If you opt out we will not share your Personal Data with partners. If you were already receiving marketing from certain partners you will be able to unsubscribe from those communications through a link on the email(s).
9. Where we store your Personal Data
We are committed to the secure storage of all user data, whether that be personal information or data important to your organisation.
We store your data in Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centres located in the European Economic Area (EEA). AWS maintains the highest standards of security compliance and certification. AWS Cloud Security information
We may transfer your data for processing or storage outside the EEA under certain circumstances. These circumstances may include:
- Temporary data storage in alternative non-EEA AWS data centres e.g. in the event of a cyber-attack on EEA data centres.
- The provision of data/solution services by a third party supplier where the supplier is required to process personal data.
- A Playwaze user joins a Playwaze community in a territory in which Playwaze uses a local AWS data centre.
Data will only be stored or processed outside of the EEA, where the destination country is approved by the EU Commission as having adequate levels of data protection legislation, commensurate with the principles of GDPR. The list of approved countries can be found here. Transfers to the US will only be to processors certified to the US/EU Privacy Shield.
Information may be sent to your computer in the form of a "cookie" to allow us to improve your user experience on our Platform. The cookie is stored on your computer. Playwaze may request that your computer return a cookie to it. These return cookies do not contain any information supplied by you or any personally identifiable information about you.
Your browser software should however enable you to view, block, and remove cookies if you wish to. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To protect your Personal Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Personal Data.
We limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Any payments made by you will be encrypted.
We have implemented security measures such as Secure Sockets Layers to protect Personal Data and maintain a high level of security.
- Please remember that the transmission of Personal Data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting Personal Data to us via the internet
- You take the risk that sending Personal Data by internet turns out not to be secure despite our efforts
- Please don't share your password. Once you set a password, you must keep it confidential
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary which is usually the life of our relationship. We may however be required to retain personal data for a longer period of time to ensure we comply with our legislative and regulatory requirements. We review our data retention obligations to ensure we are not retaining data for longer than we are legally obliged to.
13. Your rights
When you submit Personal Data to our Platform, you may be given options to restrict our use of your Personal Data.
We aim to give you strong controls on our use of your Personal Data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
Under Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to:
- ask us for details of your Personal Data and for a copy of it
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data where this has been provided
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your Personal Data at no cost to you
- request that your Personal Data be transferred to another person (data portability)
- be informed of what data processing is taking place
- restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Data
You also have some rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling which we may do to offer you the best service tailored to your interests and activities.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
To contact us about anything to do with your Personal Data and data protection, for example if you wish to ask us a question or to enforce your rights such as withdrawing your consent to our use of your Personal Data, please use the following details:
Attention: Playwaze Data Protection Compliance Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: The Lansbury Estate, 102 Lower Guildford Road, Woking, GU21 2EP